Office Tenant Assistance
Services We Offer:
- Preliminary search of office spaces (brokerage firms handle the actual search, leasing and transaction)
- Neighborhood-based research beyond your office-space needs, such as retailers, hotels and other amenities that appeal to employees and visitors
- Employee welcome kits with local maps and guides
- Opportunities for employees to connect with other organizations in Lower Manhattan
- Information on the latest incentives offered within our district (see below).
Contact Economic Development
Director 研究, Economic Development
Incentives Available Within Lower Manhattan
April 2020 Update: 纽约州立法机构投票通过了一项预算，其中包括在未来三年内不改变曼哈顿下城的三项租赁激励措施. The programs include:
- Lower Manhattan Energy Program (LMEP)
- 纽约曼哈顿下城销售税免税区A区(非世贸中心)和B区(世贸中心), Battery Park City)
For an estimate of the value of these benefits, use our business calculator.
Use the link below to download summary of all available incentives.
Commercial Revitalization Program
商业振兴计划(CRP)的目标是修复曼哈顿下城的旧建筑. 纽约市财政部(New York City Department of Finance)通过两项税收激励措施为CRP提供福利:2美元.50 real estate tax abatement and a Commercial Rent Tax Special Reduction. 这些优惠适用于位于指定消减区内的非住宅或混合用途处所. 申请人亦须缴付某些最低开支，以改善符合条件的处所.
For both portions of CRP, the following eligibility guidelines apply:
- Tenants must relocate from within Manhattan to be eligible. Relocations from outer boroughs are ineligible.
- Tenants can only receive benefits under CRP once, even if they move to a new location. However, the benefit may be continued or increased if additional space is leased.
- Subleases are not eligible.
- To access the website for the Commercial Revitalization Program, 点击这里.
- To access the application for the Commercial Revitalization Program, 点击这里.
- These benefits taper off in the last two years of the benefit period, and are reduced to 2/3 of the benefit in the second-last year, and 1/3 in the last year. 访问我们的 incentives-calculator或电子邮件 email@example.com to explore the value of these programs.
Real Estate Tax Abatement (CRP Part I)
Under CRP, the Department of Finance offers a $2.对于居住在曼哈顿下城1975年以前的非住宅建筑并对其空间进行改善的商业租户，每平方英尺50英镑的房地产税减免长达5年. Leases must commence prior to March 31, 2024. The premises must be located south of Murray Street and the Brooklyn Bridge, west of South Street and east of West Street.
- Leases may be 3, 5, or 10 years, depending on the number of employees. 雇员少于125人的公司可能有3年或5年(或更长)的租约，并将获得3到5年的福利, depending on the length of lease. 雇佣超过125人的公司必须有10年的租约，并将获得5年的福利.
- Expenditures required are based on the number of employees and length of lease, and must be a minimum of $5, $10, or $35 dollars per square foot of net leasable space.
- Expenditures must be documented and submitted to the Department of Finance.
- Tenants must submit their application within 180 days of lease commencement.
Commercial Rent Tax Special Reduction (CRP Part II)
The CRT portion of CRP offers an exemption on the commercial rent tax, a tax paid by retailers and commercial businesses with an annual rent of over $200,每年000. Non-profit companies are not eligible because they do not pay commercial rent tax.
The tenant must be located in a non-residential building south of Canal Street, and leases must commence prior to June 30, 2023. Qualifying businesses stand to receive an exemption for up to five years on the tax, which is 6% of the base rent.
工业 & Commercial Abatement Program (毅联汇业)
毅联汇业, administered through the New York City Department of Finance, 在美利街以南兴建的合资格工商业楼宇，可获部分减免或减免物业税，最长可达25年，对发展商有何好处, 现代化, 恢复, 扩大, or otherwise physically improved. 毅联汇业福利的资格还允许参与者通过曼哈顿下城能源计划(lmep -见下文了解更多信息)获得较低的能源费率。.
- New commercial construction receives a full exemption on improvements for 11 years, followed by a 4-year exemption period with benefits declining by 20% per year.
- 曼哈顿下城的商业改造项目是有资格的，并且由于8年的改进，在评估价值的增加上获得全额豁免, followed by a 4-year exemption period with benefits declining by 20% per year.
- For new commercial construction, 零售总额的10%符合标准的25年福利计划，零售超过10%将获得修改后的15年福利计划. For renovation projects, when retail makes up more than 5% of the total property, the retail portion of the building is ineligible for the benefit.
- Two applications are required–a preliminary application and a final one. The preliminary application must be filed before building permits are issued.
- Pursuant to new provisions of the law, any project that is issued a permit or starts construction after July 1, 2020, 如该物业的任何部分用作自备储存库，是否禁止获得毅联汇业津贴.
- An abatement may be suspended, terminated or revoked if a recipient is found by a competent authority, agency or a court of competent jurisdiction to have violated any state, city or municipal business regulations or ordinances related to payment of taxes, payment of wages or fraudulent representation to governmental entities, or to have violated any provision of the Human Rights Law.
- 报告要求已超出继续使用财产的范围，还包括创造就业机会, job retention and tenancy data.
- 初步申请必须在2月28日前，在颁发建筑许可证之前提交, 2025.
To access the application for 毅联汇业, 点击这里.
Lower Manhattan Relocation Employment Assistance Program (LM-REAP)
The LM-REAP-EB and SEB programs, administered by the New York City Department of Finance, 提供了一个3美元,000 tax credit per employee, per year to businesses that relocate to Lower Manhattan from outside of the 5 boroughs. The credit may be taken against the NYC General Corporation Tax, the Banking Corporation Tax, the Unincorporated Business Tax, and / or the Utility Tax.
公司在搬迁或扩张到曼哈顿下城之前必须开业至少24个月，并且必须将至少一名员工从城市外的办公室搬到曼哈顿下城. If you are new to NYC, you qualify as an Eligible Business (EB). If you already have a Manhattan presence, but are moving employees from outside NYC to Lower Manhattan, you qualify as a Special Eligible Business (SEB).
- 公司必须搬迁到非住宅建筑，已经过建设或翻新, 或者必须签一份至少三年的租约，每平方英尺花25美元来改善他们的空间.
- Retail businesses and hotels are not eligible.
- The tax credit is capped at either 100 jobs, or two times the total employment prior to the relocation, whichever is greater.
- A REAP recipient must file annual certificates of eligibility (“Certificates”), the new law requires that going forward, in addition to filing these Certificates, 受助人还必须提交一份声明，说明向适用的搬迁雇员提供的福利的平均工资，用于确定在该计划下合资格的总就业份额.
- Applications are due by June 30, 2025.
Sales Tax Exemption
这个程序, administered by the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance, 为建造曼哈顿下城(墨利街以南)的写字楼而购买的商品提供免税优惠。.
- Lease terms must be at least 10 years. Leases must commence prior to September 1, 2023 for most tenants in Lower Manhattan south of Frankford and Murray Streets, with benefits expiring December 1, 2024. Leases must commence by September 1, 2025 for tenants in Brookfield Place, World Trade Center or Battery Park City, with benefits expiring December 1, 2026.
- Businesses that locate in the World Trade Center, 7世界贸易, Brookfield Place, or Battery Park City, can receive an exemption on sales tax for all goods purchased, including personal property such as furniture and equipment.
- 位于默里街以南所有其他地区的企业只能在为扩建项目购买的商品上获得豁免, which will result in permanent capital improvements to the space. Personal property, furniture, and other non-permanent goods do not qualify.
- Retail businesses are not eligible.
下载 a PDF with more information on the Sales Tax Exemption program 在这里.
Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) financing
Local Law 96 of 2019 established a Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) financing program. The NYC Accelerator PACE Financing Program, administered by the New York City Energy Efficiency Corporation (NYCEEC), 旨在帮助业主实现伦敦金融城在《澳门葡京在线平台》( Climate Mobilization Act by providing access to low-cost, long-term capital for energy efficiency and renewable energy retrofits.
PACE融资可用于资助当地法律规定的能效改善和可再生能源系统, as well as soft costs such as energy audits and feasibility studies, and other hard costs related to the installation or performance of the energy-saving measures. What are the benefits of PACE loans?
- 100% financing with no out-of-pocket costs to the property owner
- Immediate cash flow benefits
- Recovery of landlord investment in improved tenant spaces, as the PACE charge can be passed through on most commercial leases
- Long term (often between 20 and 30 years)
- Competitive interest rates
- Quarterly or semiannual billing (depending on tax collection schedule per building)
Any commercial or multifamily (3 units and larger) building, including tax exempt non-profit and religious facilities, health care facilities, and industrial properties.
Lower Manhattan Energy Program
下曼哈顿能源计划(LMEP)由纽约市小企业服务部(SBS)管理。. 该项目以标准价格的45%的折扣提供合格的建筑能源. 好处, which are available for 12 years, are provided to property owners, who may chose to pass along savings to their tenants (government agencies, personal service providers, public benefit corporations, and retailers are not eligible).
- The eligibility area for LMEP is Lower Manhattan south of Murray and Frankfort Streets.
- To qualify, a building owner must make building improvements under the 工业 & 商业激励计划(毅联汇业)或获得纽约市工业发展局(IDA)的批准. Improvements must meet a minimum investment threshold of 30% of the property’s assessed value.
- City and state-owned buildings that have been improved are also eligible.
- 租客-合资格楼宇的租客无须提交申请，便可领取LMEP福利. Instead, tenants can request benefits directly from their landlords. *When negotiating a lease, 租户应向大厦经理或小型企业服务部确认大厦的状况.
The application deadline was extended from June 30, 2020 to June 30, 2023.
To view a list of participating buildings for the LMEP program, 点击这里.
To find out more information about LMEP on the New York City Business Express website, 点击这里.